The Window Star

So just like every other night I'm forced to go to bed by my parents
//𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦//. 
In their belief the day turns out to be more productive if you wake up like a rooster, as soon as the ray of sunshine falls over you. But till date the turbulence in my head hasn't decided what do i like more
//𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴//. 
I'm kinda adaptive to both.
Now that we are stranded in the four walls of our house, it is okay to sleep like bears...right?
That had a strict NO! from my mum.
But the nights are alive as long as me and my little sister and me keep chitchatting all the way through.
I remember one such night which just got special due to the night sky and that time of the hour.
There was a lot of talking that night. And my laughs enough to wake up the neighbours. All of a sudden I spot something shiny and changing colours in the sky.  𝘈 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦?? 
But then is the aviation system all set to go right now??
//𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵//
It was a shinning star!!!!     Wow.
It was really a little one and it was shinning.
For a minute or two we both watched it.
//𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭//
It was a long time since i spent my long two minutes in leisure.
It looked as if the star was giggling as the universe was tickling it.
The upper part of my window was covered by the leaves that dripped from the tree branches. The black sky showed the star with pride.
//𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵//
At a really slow pace the pink clouds -as they appeared to my eyes, settled in  the lower part of the window.
The entire view was mesmerising.
The clouds covered the lil star for a while. Later it slowly peeped through the clouds.  As though a little kid playing peek-a-boo.
I still stay up at nights sometimes to watch the star.
//𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴//
Though the little part of me is still scared of the nights but the star keeps me sane and smiling.
The view of that night is the best capture in my memories.
The lens of my eye can actually make a copy of it.
//𝘩𝘢𝘩𝘢//
I get all excited  looking at it every night.
At days when it doesn't appear the picture in my eye helps me sleep.
Its bright and pleasing.  

-smrutayy🌻

𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘪 𝘢𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦")

8 Comments

any suggestions or doubts lemme know:)