Vintage Thoughts

//24th of July//

today i got a treasure of songs. 
songs that are not just heart warming but also take you to different places when all you're doing is sitting here and listening to them.
you know its alarming, how words are used as weapons by people to shut you out of their lives; while these are the same pieces of letters used to show the amount of affection you hold for them.
  

listening to these songs- i feel like sitting in an old cottage near the countryside which has a lot of grass cover all around. its raining; not too much but quite enough. definitely more than drizzles. on making some hot coffee and wearing old clothes i sit on the swing and the radio plays these songs. its cold but the words coming out of the machine are calming. 
Giving me enough warmth for me to cuddle my own clothes and watch the rain. the words so powerful i dont feel the hot coffee burning my lips, my mind ferociously screaming the lyrics of the songs, as i watch the raindrops settling on the grass. softly from the window. 
as i finish,
i keep the boiling hot coffee aside and start walking, the grass feels wet and now i understand the lyrics well. i feel the rush down of memory line. every picture coming in front my eyes like film reels. me trying to make peace with them as i keep moving..circling my little cottage with bare foot and the piece of my torned clothes rushing right behind, following me. raindrops settling on my hair making them moist. slowly drooling and reaching my lips and filling in my burnt coffee scars. 
i look up at the clouds and now the drops settle on my face. just like the words in my mind the drop drench on my face. standing there in contemplation i understand how powerful words are. 
//impactful//
they make you distant in a second and hug you tightly in the other.
just leaving some lyrics that touched me distinctly.

 //I knew you'd miss me once the thrill expired
      And you'd be standing in my front porch light//
 ...

//You're not my homeland anymore
      So what am I defending now//
  ...

 //It must have been her fault his heart gave
Who knows, if she never showed up, what could've been//    
   ...

 //And you can aim for my heart, go for blood
     But you would still miss me in your bones//
    ...

   //And I'm still a believer, but I don't know why
      I've never been a natural, all I do is try//
     ...
                     
       //Sweet tea in the summer Cross your heart, won't tell no other//
     ...

      //Before I learned civility I used to scream ferociously//    
      ...
 //Something wrapped all of my past mistakes in barbed wire; 
  chains around my demons,wool to brave the seasons
    one single thread of gold tied me to you//
       ...

 //Just one single glimpse of relief to make some sense of what you've seen//
    
        ...

        well if you know me, you do know who's lyrics these are and to those who don't- its taylorswift:))
                                     
                        hey you guys, you can also send in your views and suggestions in the comments:))
-smrutayy🌻

14 Comments

any suggestions or doubts lemme know:)