My Sister's 18th Birthday

 I never predicted that you guys would turn up!


//30th August 2020//

In this pandemic situation where there are a lot people struggling with mental health issues, there is me tryin’ to make each day a little happy and happening. Birthdays have always been full of excitement for me. 

It’s almost been a week now and I’m here still in all elation that it all turned out so well and my little sister is finally an adult now!

By turned out I meant it was a surprise! She had no IDEA about anything being planned behind her back. You know it’s a total transformation of a little tiny girl into an adult. (I’m totally aware of the fact it doesn’t happen all in a day!)

so this is a small painting i tried making for her, its a picture of all we cousins


Me and my cousins started planning all of this a week before. As the goal was to acquire a total of 18 gifts for her 18th birthday! And instead of buying, why not make or create something out of love? Putting our creative caps ON, we jotted down a list of small things that we could make amid the pandemic. And the result was prolific!

if you are looking out for more creative stuff like this you can check on the link below

https://www.instagram.com/aniladk/


We also made a video of 18 people wishing her on her 18th. Damn you really get creative at such times!

It was eleven in the morning and she had her Assignment till the quarter to twelve. We had a total of 45 minutes in our hands: for all my cousins and relatives to assemble in my house to decorate the living room. Whoosh! Even the slightest mistake and she would know the entire plan.



She went in her room; shut the door as online Assignment kind of detects the noise. So it was obvious that she wouldn’t let anyone of us in and neither would we let her come out!

I was all prepped up since the 25th!

//special love for surprises//

Her room door closed and like a fire fighter I was all set. Polaroids and balloons adorned our walls. All of us taking utmost care and the silent hustle and bustle were making me exhilarated.

IT WAS MY LITTLE SISTER’S BIRTHDAY Y’ALL!!

My relatives came in. No one rang the bell. Because my quick-witted little one always has her eagle’s ear right at what is happening outside!



It was 11:45 yet no sees, as her exam got delayed.

The clock struck 12 and she was about to step outside. I was hiding behind the door, so I quickly grabbed and blindfolded her. She was totally unaware about what was happening. And not leaving any room for her suspicions.I walked her down the passage towards the living room. I swiftly removed the blindfold and everyone shouted,

"SURPRISE!!!"

She was shocked. Totally amazed. Teary

“I never predicted that you guys would turn up!”



We all hugged her tight and it became the best birthday she ever had :)

I also cooked her favorite food. :)

in the comments section down below you can share in your stories about how your birthday was made special or how did you make someone else's!!

also stay in tune for my quarantine wrap up blog!!

-smrutayy🌻

6 Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to your sister!!.. must be a great surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good post. Nicely written. Wishing your sister a very happy birthday. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a damn big party for her ... Very well written Smrutayy ❤️❤️💘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow👍. Happy birthday my little girl😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Smrutyy....you are always standing behind all your brothers sisters as you are elder one.But it's really proud moment to read how you celebrate your dear one sisters birthday. Really nice dear....stay blessed and happy always as you are....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt like I was in your house and experienced everything! My memory of spacial birthday is my 18th birthday which you had made so so spacial!!!

    ReplyDelete

any suggestions or doubts lemme know:)