The Feeling of Home

"It’s different there, but it's your different."

They say home is where the heart is and on some parts I believe it's true.

Your heart is like a magnetic compass guiding you north, to the right direction.

 Though you don’t actually end up to some place but you settle at the nearest one where you find peace.

And home might not be some place of residence but it's a feeling.

The warm feeling of living in a comfortable shell, of your own.

Which makes you feel so secure.

You’re very happy living in it.  It is like your comfort zone.

Might be a person or a thing. But these take you to a zone no one else does

It’s different there but it's your different.

And with that feeling not around you're a little lost and unusual.

At times you try to find that feeling in someone else but you go lost.

//ghost out//

Because your hidden treasure lies somewhere else!

As I mentioned in my earlier blog,

3 places you must visit in malaysia

 that we humans are triggered by scents...

The scent of home is warming. It’s caring and grateful, developed with love.

At times,

You feel so lonely in a room full of people.

The sound of the song doesn't feel the same.

You eat good things and they taste so bland ...

And that's what you feel when you force the feeling of home.

It’s not yours or not what you own.

The feeling of home is gradual.

//developed//

These are with a person or a thing.

It’s conceptual. It varies.

You might find it, sitting below a tree and sleeping for an hour or working in your room. And even when you just hug your mom to sleep.

 It’s yours.

so I just wrote a small poem in reference to what I felt while writing this-

 

 After everyone's gone,

I want to come home to you.

We may not talk, I'll sit beside

Watch my phone and stretch my legs

Rest them on your lap and relax

Now I don’t feel swarmed by the crowds

I feel me.

Not lonely. But, protected.

It’s the silence in us that heals.

I share an anecdote about today,

Your amusing comfort

And our mellow feels.

My legs so cold, your hands warm them

The earlier dreadful silence,

As now I understand.

It’s different now as I always say

 You fill my voids with your emotions of valence.



-smrutayy🌻

so these were my 2 A.M thoughts and i felt like sharing them with you all.

also share in the comments section your feelings about home and your views:))

5 Comments

any suggestions or doubts lemme know:)