5 Things To Be Happy About

 "The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to  be happy. That's all that matters"

-AUDREY HEPBURN

Quarantine is about to get over!! And we all have learnt a lot of things through all these months. While some of these are worth carrying in our life’s luggage, while some worth to be left behind.

In these times of life when we are about to step in a busy world, here is a list of things that you can be happy about. We all have a list of things that makes us smile and some things we purposefully avoid to stay all happy.

So why not just add a few more to your list and make ‘living’ a happy process?       I have read a lot of memes where people say that, living is an unwanted span of time between birth and death.



So let me take some precious time of yours to edit these memes of yours.

This is a list of five things to be happy about. So let’s get you all, through it.

1. YOUR SURROUNDINGS.

A big house with a lawn full of flowers or a small apartment with trees all over.  Little birds nesting on the trees and squirrels running across the woods. That annoying crow collecting all the twigs and building his little home. And you’re watching this, as you study or cook. That, beauty distracts you; it catches your attention. Why? Because beauty is peaceful.  It might be a hot sunny day or raining all day long but I guess there is not a single moment that you don’t notice it.  

There hasn’t been a single moment that you didn’t talk about it. So then let’s take out some time and be grateful to nature of how pleasing it has made our surrounding. How these things are a part of your day; yet are noticed the least. These little things make us happy. They give a little joy to our life.

 A few days back our gardener chopped a huge tree in front of my house. It was home to lot of little animals we might not have any idea about. I was shocked with what had just happened. Where will all the squirrels go now??                         

 I asked this to my mother as if I was a little kid. Though they all won’t go away;     

 I went in search of them the next day. And I found one. Now I make sure I give at least few minutes in the day, watching them play.

zoom to watch two cute creatures.


 2.SUNRISES AND SUNSETS .

I’ve had lot many friends and people go crazy about the sunsets. Parents calling them home, scolding for being late. However they would never miss a pretty sunset and keep watching it. And then there is me getting scolded by my mom for waking up when the sun is above our head. It’s in these few years I realized how important it is to watch that. And by important I say necessary indeed! In my earlier blog I mentioned how beautifully the mountains toss the sun up. The beautiful sunrise. Click here to read.

But let me tell y’all sunsets are even prettier. The sunrise helps in removing the darkness and making it all yellow and shiny. But the sunsets are a perfect example of endings being wonderful. The way the sun blushes and becomes red. 



The clouds start to make weather cool. Slowly and steadily the sun hides away. As you see it touching the horizon or you see it from the concrete constructions as he travels in the elevator each floor down. On its way when it’s almost setting down it winks at you, with a promise to rise and shine tomorrow. Now don’t you think it’s so happy watching them? Come on! I kind of convinced you to watch it.



Even if your window doesn’t face towards the west,

Make it a point to watch the mellow sky when it’s at its best.

Now don’t be shy add it to your list,

Sunsets and sunrises are a total bliss!

 

3.BUTTERFLIES IN YOUR STOMACH.

Oh did your crush just say a hello?? Did that exam go extremely wonderful? Or was it too easy to tell your mum about the new gadget you want?  Ha-ha then I guess I caught you at the right. Those times of nervous anticipation. The times of being a little shy and scary of wanting to do a lot of things but ending up speaking gibberish. These are the times to cherish. Yes I totally agree that you are all panicky during such times and what to cherish during such hah? But do you all notice that these are rare times when you feel something different. The times you want to make it all happen and end up making even more beautiful than you think it could actually be? Let’s take some time to cherish these moments of awkwardness. The times when you are all prepared for the interview or speech and it turns out real fun.

lets be honest i can't put a picture of that emotion
so here is a picture of the beautiful sky


That long lost friend, and you wanting to get back in touch with a small text. This feeling. That exact time is something we all should be happy or grateful for.

Because it’s rare and tell me how many times do you actually experience that??

The time when you want to confess something and you think when you do it it’s going to make your life miserable. And you do it.

Those butterflies are important. Now that may end in a sigh of relief or a disaster, is totally a different thing altogether. As what said it matters!

For now let’s be happy about those tiny insects.

4. WHAT YOU ARE NOW!

When you look at your childhood pictures and you say why was I like that back then? Why did my little sister look better than me? Why do I make faces in all these pictures?? So many questions that are hammered by you at your parents. Then all of a sudden the album with your latest pictures comes in your hands. All the memories become clear. You remember that perfect scene. That time when the picture was clicked. You now know you were trying really hard.



hey you guys I started doing illustrations!!
for more information contact me:))


Then in the family discussions you praise yourself. You say that you were good that time! You were healthy and fine and you tried to stay up to the mark. And then comes the mirror. You look so fine now. That smile of yours. Those messed up hair. Yeah maybe I’m good now! That remark. That small praise is what is needed. You deserve praises. You are perfectly alright now. It doesn’t matter who loves; that person in the mirror does. He/she knows that you are going all through it and it takes all the courage. Now quickly go there and wink at yourself with a smile for doing all that pretty things and harsh things. You deserve the world! And you are not alone.

5. THE LITTLE THINGS.

Stars don’t need hot water bath to shine. Clouds don’t need home cooked food to swing through the sky. You do! So why not just notice these little things and be happy for ALL the things we have. So let’s just make a pact to observe these things and smile as soon as you come across a few. For instance-

Yoho! I used the toothpaste till the end that the packet got transparent! Small victory!

I made a paper airplane today and it went really far defeating your siblings’. Now that is joyous.

Or you got the best click of a bird flying high in the sky with beautiful blue clouds. Now that is worth praising.

Earlier I also wrote a blog on these little things. Do give it a read.

little things

So these are five things that you can be happy about. You might like some might relate to some. While you may dislike some of them too. 

Whatever your opinions are they are valuable for me. So please tell me your thing to be happy about in the comments section below. 

Stay in tune for more latest blogs!

-smrutayy🌻


1 Comments

  1. After reading this.. obviously it's a happy day for me.!

    ReplyDelete

any suggestions or doubts lemme know:)